The AUS Drone Academy offers certified training courses on flying drones. There are three training modules, depending on the type of application a student/trainee intends to use a drone for. The certification provided by the AUS Drone Academy is endorsed by the Dubai Civil Aviation Authority (DCAA), and enables the trainees to obtain permits to fly drones, from the DCAA.
The objective of the program is to train interested users to operate Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) in a safe and effective manner and in accordance with UAE’s national laws governing the use of UAS. The program also provides guidance about flying UAS in compliance with local regulations within certain areas throughout UAE, which a user may need to follow in addition to UAE’s national laws.
- Learn basic aeronautical principles as they apply to Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) of the following types: i.) fixed-wing, ii.) multi-rotor.
- Learn how to plan and execute standard, emergency UAS maneuvers during simulated and actual flights.
- Learn how to carry out pre and post flight procedures.
- Learn about the UAE federal and local regulations as they apply to the operation of UAS within the UAE airspace.
- Upon completion of the course and passing the necessary tests students will be able to apply for the DCAA Remotely Piloted Aircraft System (RPAS) Permit.